Arcane University:Nifskope for Skyrim
NifSkope is a tool for opening and editing the NetImmerse file format (NIF). NIF is used by video games such as Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Civilization IV, and more. Nifskope is essential for asset implementation, and is useful for other disciplines such as concept art and 3D art as well, as it allows easy viewing and export of in game assets.
SpectralPlatypus maintains a fork of NifSkope on GitHub with some added features, namely:
- Convex ListShape Generation
- Convex Shape/ListShape Generation for full nif heierarchy
- NifSkope on GitHub
- Latest Releases on GitHub
- NifSkope (Spectral fork) on GitHub
- Nifskope Tutorial Playlist (Youtube) by Darkfox127
- FPI Animated Textures Tutorial, provided in PDF format, demonstrate the creation of simple texture animations using NifSkope.
- Short tutorial for creating furniture that uses a special sitting animation: File:Nifskope Furniture tutorial.pdf